What did those kids do to that nice lady?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A little love...

For those of you who may know Husband personally and question Him while he is out and about with the common-Dude, how can you let her write that about you?-you need to know a few things about Husband; first, he knows who he married and she has been making him squirm with sometimes inappropriate laughter for almost 9 years.  Also, Husband is a pretty confident man and a few jokes about his inability to close closet doors isn’t really going to shake him up too much.
But most importantly, what you may not know about Husband is that HE LIKES THE ABUSE.  He admitted as much to me the other day when he said my blog is funnier when I am making fun of him.
To which I immediately replied...No problemo!  And also...um...honey...you know if you give me an inch, I take 10 miles, right?  
But, it’s Valentine’s Day, and although Husband and I aren’t all mushy-gushy about such holidays, I suppose I don’t need to devote a post to Him about how sometimes I’m not sure if I’m living with a teenager or a grown man on a day that is supposed to be devoted to Love. 
So instead, I will devote this post to all the wonderful things about Husband, because he’s more wonderful than anything else.  So...dear Husband...on this Hallmark Holiday (don’t forget to get me a card!) I think you need to know the following:  It’s been almost nine years since that day you tripped over my bike and I made fun of you and you left without my number and then came back and “bumped” into me after work to make sure you got my number and then a couple of weeks later we ate fish tacos and you “tried” to let me beat you at darts at Summers in El Porto and what I remember the most is how much fun we had together and how much we laughed.  What my parents remember is the fact that the first time they met you, you tried to outsmart them and buy dinner and although they didn’t let you, my mother would have sold me to you if I was for sale because you were Very Impressive. (And cute.)  And over the last nine years, we got married, went on some pretty great trips, had a couple beautiful geniuses, and I still can’t stop making fun of you and you still love me and I still love you.  What you may not know, Husband, is that the very best gift you give me each day is the fact that you let me be me.  I know I can be selfish and petty and stubborn and I really don’t like to admit to any sort of fault whatsoever, but you are my rock and without you...I don’t know where I’d be or what I’d be doing and I love you.  
Oh, and one more thing.  Can you please rinse out the sink after you dump the old coffee and coffee grinds out?  I know it’s hard to see the black coffee against the white sink, but if you could maybe take a second and do that, I would love you even more.
And, also, feel free to come home with flowers.  Roses are overrated and please no carnations.  I prefer lilacs, because the smell takes me back to being a kid in Iowa where I played Barbies in our lilac bush for hours at a time, but seeing as you probably can’t come home with a lilac bush, or Barbies, hydrangeas and lilies are a fine substitute.    
Happy Valentine’s Day to my Valentine....and to all of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment